• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 3.0 Beta 2 is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
[From Adobe PR]

Hi,

I thought you would like to know that Adobe today released an update to its Photoshop Lightroom 3 beta software, available immediately through Adobe Labs. Building on the success of the first Lightroom 3 beta, which was downloaded by more than 35',''' photographers, Lightroom 3 beta 2 incorporates feedback from the first iteration of the beta while offering users several new features and greatly improved performance throughout the application.

New features in this release include tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon cameras, the ability to import and manage video files from DSLR cameras for a streamlined workflow and additional behind-the-scenes architecture enhancements for faster importing and loading of images. The addition of luminance noise reduction to the color noise reduction options already available in the beta helps photographers achieve overall exceptional image quality from high ISO images. The import experience and watermarking functionality have also been modified to reflect feedback received from the Lightroom community during the first beta period.

The input from the photography community has been extremely valuable and Adobe would like to thank everyone who has participated in the beta program. Adobe encourages photographers to test this new selection of features and provide the product team with feedback so they can produce the highest quality final product.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Adobe Lightroom is the essential digital photography workflow solution, helping serious amateur and professional photographers quickly import, manage, perfect and showcase all their images in one intuitive application.

Pricing and Availability

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 beta 2 is available as a free download to anyone on a Macintosh or Windows platform and is available in 12 languages. Visit http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/ to learn more and download the second beta. Feedback can be submitted on the Lightroom forums: http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/.

Reach out to us on the Lightroom Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/lightroom or on Twitter www.twitter.com/lightroom.

The new noise reduction is very good and those of you that were asking for complex curves and had to import them, well now they are here....

I just removed beta1 but will try beta2 just to see what has changed and/or improved.

Where is the shortcut ´I ´ ????

I have just installed LR 3 beta2 and one of my favorite shortcuts seems to be missing: ´I´ (to show file info).

Is it gone?

Help, Victoria!!!!
--Sorry I found the answer to my own question.......... - you have to enter the info you want displayed again - it´s not getting that from the earlier versions ;-)

Answering your own questions? Well done Kjell!

[quote author=Victoria Bampton link=topic=94'4.msg6335'#msg6335' date=1269334135]
Answering your own questions? Well done Kjell!
[/quote]

Yes, that puts a lot less pressure on the moderators.........

Looks to me as if they have tweaked the color profiles as well in LR3 Beta 2.
The colors from my Micro Four Thirds cameras seem improved and over all, ´everything´is much better - especially the noise reduction.

Can't even install beta 2 on my MBP. It is stuck with the installer. I even removed my old beta 1 application and rebooted and still stuck at the installer.
Any idea what it could be?

How far through the installer is it getting stuck?

I've just tried tethered shooting with LR3 Beta-2 and it works beautifully - and is far easier than the Canon software. It's much easier, for instance, to select a watched folder, destination folder etc. I rate is a big success!

ok I found out how to install it with command line

sodu installer -pkg Desktop/nameofthefile.pkg -target /Applications

That is the only way I could found. I even deleted all files related to Adobe including acrobat, lightroom 2.
but now its working

I have been missing here fore a while. Did not have much success with beta 3/1, so hope to be here more with this release.

Tethering, finally. Can't wait to try.

[quote author=Roy Mathers link=topic=94'4.msg63368#msg63368 date=1269363226]
I've just tried tethered shooting with LR3 Beta-2 and it works beautifully - and is far easier than the Canon software. It's much easier, for instance, to select a watched folder, destination folder etc. I rate is a big success!
[/quote]

I have just installed Beta 2 and tried the tethered on my Acer Aspire 552' WIndows XP Dual Core TK-55 1.8GHz 1.75GB of RAM

Tethered works like a dog - maybe 7 to 1' secs per file. D3'' Raw and small jpg

I am used to Camera Control Pro 2 displaying the jpg within 1 to 2 secs.

What kind of performances are people getting?
Anything I can do to improve things?

Many thanks
John Wood Photography
Photographer Berkshire

D3'' & D7'' tethered with 14bit RAW takes just a couple of seconds. Macbook Pro Dual Core 4GB RAM. The fastest tethering I have yet to experience. (I have never tried camera control because I refuse to pay for it)

With a Canon 4'D with RAW, it takes 4 seconds from the moment the shutter is pressed to the image appearing on screen. That's with 2GB RAM.

I am seeing 3 seconds with a Canon 5DMKII RAW File (3'MB) on a Macbook with 4GB of RAM. LR and the Macbook can keep up with the burst mode and continue to feed the images on-right-after-the-other.

On a Vista 64 with 4 GB of RAM I am seeing about the same time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back