Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clulow

Photographer | Retoucher
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Tweeted Adobe a few days ago as after sinking 3k into a top of the line iMac with thunderbolt storage etc I was hugely annoyed at the performance. I tweeted Adobe and was told there will be a major Lightroom 2017 release this year with no say on specific dates with the focus on performance.

Hope this info gives hope to all that are suffering with Lightroom as I am.

Tweeted Adobe a few days ago as after sinking 3k into a top of the line iMac with thunderbolt storage etc I was hugely annoyed at the performance. I tweeted Adobe and was told there will be a major Lightroom 2017 release this year with no say on specific dates with the focus on performance.

I'll judge it when I can actually run it.

Be happy to have LR v6.12.1 if it had RAW support for my new Nikon D850.
I'm sure they won't let their competition (some of whom have it already) be out in front long, but just in case you didn't know, you can use the (free) DNG converter to temporarily convert to DNG and import those, then later import the NEF's and sync the develop/metadata over to the NEF's and delete the DNG's. A tedious series of extra steps but ...

Or, if that D850 is just causing you too much angst, I'll share your suffering, just ship it over. ;)

Be happy to have LR v6.12.1 if it had RAW support for my new Nikon D850.

You would have had it yesterday if Nikon had offered DNG as an option alongside raw and jpeg.

John

You would have had it yesterday if Nikon had offered DNG as an option alongside raw and jpeg.

Of if Adobe were smart enough to package ACR as a loadable module in Lightroom like it is in Photoshop, so one could update both at the same time.

or if Adobe lived up to its commitment of releasing Lightroom updates contemporaneously with ACR/PS updates.

Lot's of shoulda coulda but didn'ts.... :)

Or switching updates so you could download individual camera support as soon as it's ready, rather than waiting until it's bundled into a module or ACR update? But one should point the finger in the right direction, and that's at the camera makers rather than the software vendors.

Can you post the exact text of that tweet. I would be happy to be proven wrong on this question.

Phil Burton

I don't think anyone thinks you are a liar, but you're new here and you're telling us Adobe have said something we would not expect them to say.

Anyway, as you say, they did tweet "Yes, there will be a major version coming this year" and
I've put a screenshot of the tweets on Dropbox.

John
SNAG-0002.jpg

I don't think anyone thinks you are a liar, but you're new here and you're telling us Adobe have said something we would not expect them to say.

Anyway, as you say, they did tweet "Yes, there will be a major version coming this year" and
I've put a screenshot of the tweets on Dropbox.

John
SNAG-0002.jpg
Ah right okay. Well I didn’t think they’d announce that either hence coming here and making a post as I felt there must be an entire community frustrated with this product as much as I am.

The website Canonrumours hade the same info about a week ago. I didn´t post it here at the time because, well, they deal only in rumours. According to the site the update is being beta-tested right now.

I am starting to think the Lr 7 threads are like the spammers. It never dies... :D

Tim

As always: those of us who know can't tell, those of us who don't know can only speculate.

From my past experience (not with Adobe products), the only thing that beta testers really know is that there is a new version being tested. And not all beta testers know about all the found bugs. A beta tester is usually given a targeted release date, but that is what it is - a target.
The final release date will be an internal decision based on whether the beta, which will have bugs, can be fixed enough in a reasonable time to become a "final" release.

OK, I am going to close this thread now. We've established that the OP's report fairly represents what he was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back