• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library displaying names of files that aren't shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there,
This just started happening a few minutes ago.
In Grid View the borders display this:
1659111000435.png

but hovering on the image in the grid, displays only the NEF:
1659111063091.png

Loupe View displays only the NEF.
The JPG exists on disk but when I Synchronize Folder, there is nothing to sync. so I can't even get them back. This is a whole folder of images. I haven't gone into any other folders for fear of messing those up too.

Anyone know what is happening here?

Yes.....you have imported "pairs" of NEFs and associated Jpegs, but in Preferences>General Tab>Import Options you have "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate folders" UNCHECKED. In that case LrC treats the two files as a "pair" as you see in the Grid (you'll also see a Jpeg "Sidecar" file listed in the Metadata panel for the NEFs). It also means that you can only directly access the Raw part of the "pair" inside LrC, but any move, rename or delete action you take on the NEF will also be applied to the "sidecar" JPEG.

If you want those Jpegs inside LrC to be treated as separate photos you must first CHECK that Preferences option, then you can Synchronize the folder that contains the "pairs" and you should then be able to import the Jpegs and they will be separate to the NEF.

Thanks Jim! That got it back. I haven't been in that panel for awhile so really don't know how that change was implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back