Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 perpetual
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I need some help with lens corrections using LR6/Classic Perpetual. I am using a Canon T6i and LR6 recognizes my 18-55mm lens for lens correction. However, if I shoot images with my 55-250mm lens LR6 does not automatically recognize this lens and I can not find this lens listed for MAKE: Canon MODEL: 55-250mm to switch to it's profile. I have just order a new Canon lens EF/S 10-18mm f/4.5. and it too is not listed for MAKE: Canon Model:10-18mm f/4.5. However, I do see a Model: 10-18mm f/3.5.

Question 1 - how can I get the profiles for my 10-18mm & 55-250mm lens?
Question 2 - if these profiles are available, how do I get them loaded into LR6?
Question 3 - if I can get these new profiles & loaded, will LR6 automatically recognize them or would I have to switch manually to their profiles?

THANKS..........I am a novice with using LR6.

Both of those profiles should both already be available within LR6, so I suspect you are using Jpeg files and not Raw files. The vast majority of lens profiles are developed specifically for raw files (on the basis/assumption that jpegs created in camera will in most cases already have lens corrections applied), and that's certainly the case with those two lenses that you have mentioned, i.e. they should be available if you shoot raw files with either of the lenses, but they will not be available for jpeg files shot with those lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back