• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Lens metadata includes lens I don't even own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
For a set of photos I have just started to edit, here is the lens metadata. Not sure why so many photos have lens unknown. I did use and still use old Nikon MF lenses, but I have my D3 set up so I can select one of those lenses. Maybe I neglected to do that for this series. But how could I have created a photo with a 70-300 mm f4.0-5.6 lens I don't even own?

1626049593211.png

The subject is a meeting room, and the composition clearly doesn't say "really long lens." I do have an 80-200 mm f2.8 lens, which I would certainly use in preference to an f4.0-5.6 lens.

Which lens is shown in the metadata for the photo in question?

did you take the photo referenced by the lens you don't own? Remember, if you import a photo someone else took you'll get their camera info.

Which lens is shown in the metadata for the photo in question?
For a set of photos I have just started to edit, here is the lens metadata. Not sure why so many photos have lens unknown. I did use and still use old Nikon MF lenses, but I have my D3 set up so I can select one of those lenses. Maybe I neglected to do that for this series. But how could I have created a photo with a 70-300 mm f4.0-5.6 lens I don't even own?

View attachment 16856

The subject is a meeting room, and the composition clearly doesn't say "really long lens." I do have an 80-200 mm f2.8 lens, which I would certainly use in preference to an f4.0-5.6 lens.
The lens at issue is the 70.0 - 300.0 mm f/4.0-5.6

did you take the photo referenced by the lens you don't own? Remember, if you import a photo someone else took you'll get their camera info.
Yes I did.
I've been culling photos in this collection. Apparently one of the culled photos is the one with the spurious 70-300 mm lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back