• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lens correction missing Tamron 70-200 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Win10 64bit
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR6 6.13

When I import RAW files taken with my D7200 and Tamron 70-200 G2 (A025N) lens it never finds the profile... It didn't find it with version 6.12 and still not with 6.13.

Any ideas why not? I have to manually set it then sync it across all of the RAW files I imported.

//Brew

Choose your lens, then click on the "Custom" dropdown and then click on Default:
2017-10-29 17_23_23-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

After that, your lens will automatically be selected when it was used to shoot the photo.

Still doesn't seem right... I'm expecting to see "Tamron 70-200 G2" designation in the upper left, and it seems more "generic"... My other lenses show more detail. For example:
"TAMRON SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD A005N" for example.

//Brew

Attachments

• 2017-10-30 17_11_19-Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Develop.png
    2017-10-30 17_11_19-Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Develop.png
    996.7 KB · Views: 626
What the Info Overlay shows is the lens information that's contained in the file's EXIF information (which is created by the camera), i.e. if you look at the Metadata panel in Library (using one of the EXIF views), what is listed there against "Lens" is what you should see when you display the Lens info in the Info Overlay.

You can set a completely different lens default in the Lens Correction panel in Develop, and it wouldn't change that Info Overlay display. So, provided you have set the correct lens as the Default in the Lens Correction panel, it shouldn't matter if the Lens info in the Info Overlay doesn't contain the "full" information.

It may be that lack of full information in the EXIF data is what confuses the automatic Lens Profile detection. Using something like ExifViewer, you could look at the Exif data of one of the affected files to see exactly what is recorded.....if it is the full lens information then it would be worth putting a bug report in to Adobe using the link at the top of the forum page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back