• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Layers For Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Last edited:
Interesting I guess, but they are NOT getting my phone number.. there's absolutely no reason they would need that.

Over at NAPP someone posted that there was an "announced price of $150.00" Isn't PS something like $99.00?

Haven't yet checked it out!

Don

Last edited:
don't want tiffs or psd's, want to maintain a raw pipeline.

Layers - adobe have an app for that.

The price on the onOne site is $160, compared to Elements which is $100.

I'm not at all sure Lightroom's ethos is about continuing to work in layers just because people have become used to that metaphor.

John

$160 for something I can already do in CS5 isn't a sensible move. For people who don't use PS I can see the attraction but as mentioned why buy a plugin when you can buy a full application (Elements) that does a lot more for 2/3 the price. Of course until the final product is released and the price confirmed I'll reserve judgement.

Last edited:
I was just going to pre order this very important addition to any Lightroomers arsenal!!!!:shock::razz::twisted:

Scott Kelby's home shopping network at the bottom of the onone webpage......"But wait...there's more!"

Also note that OnOne is somewhat aggressive with serving up the "bacn" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacn to your mail box. I registered some time ago for a program or plug-in, and I must receive about three messages a week, every week, from them. I like to keep up with their products, but it seems to be an all or nothing affair with them.

--Ken

There's a 'debate' going on with Dave Cross on the NAPP forums too. It's a shame they feel the need to resort to deceitful advertising - if the product's that good, they shouldn't need to do that. As it is, it seems to me that they've just alienated a chunk of their customer base instead.

I have Camera Remote from OnOne but thats the only product of theirs I own and its cheap from the iTunes store. I use it when teaching at our camera club as I can wander about with my iPod and control the camera tethered to LR on my MacBook connected to a projector. It works really well in that situation.

I have been following this "annoucement" from onOne and dismissed it right away. I have CS5 & LR3 so I saw no need for the product. But at the end of a youtube webinar(on the Develop Panel in LR3)given by Seth Resnick just this last week, he had a "treat"(his expression) about the lightroom layers. At about the 50 minute mark he starts a brief demo and announced that he would be doing a webinar of the product next monday(25 April 2011).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTV3O9rCqA

Last edited:
Looks like the text on the onOne site has been updated to not reflect the deceptive statements. After the beating Kloskowski, Cross and Kelby have taken in various blog comments and forums lately, I am not surprised.

One of his people posted on Scott's blog to say "There will be a dramatic reading of this comments on The Grid Live." which is today at noon EDT - 5pm in the UK. Not sure what that "dramatic reading" means, but would love to imagine they will come clean and simply admit they got carried away by their enthusiasm (and ad revenue)? If they really want to put the professional back into NAPP, why not tell the non-Photoshop users that they should save $60 and get Elements 9 which does the same and a lot more?

John

Last edited:
I hear Andrew Rodney was banned from the NAPP forums over this!!:mad2::mad2:

Thanks for pointing that one out - I love the comments about Kelby and co as "Car Salesman with Cameras, not Photographers" and "the pilot fish that closely follow the shark". Hilarious.

John

LOL! It was sure to come back to bite them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back