• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Latest Version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Creative Cloud ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonB

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Hi Folks,

This morning I clicked on my Adobe Creative Cloud icon with the intentions of working on LR CC. Both the Photoshop an Lightroom "buttons" which normally say "Open" said "Update Now". So I clicked the update now and presumably a software update occurred.

Soooooo, what version of Adobe Creative Cloud do I now have? Sorry for such a basic question. (I've been a Lightroom user for many years but only started my Creative Cloud subscription a couple of months.)

Thank you.

Hi Jason,

It is easy to determine. Just select the About Photoshop Lightroom menu item and the current version is displayed right under the title banner. Its under the the Lightroom menu on a Mac but Im not sure exactly where it is on a Windows system,

-louie

Hi Jason,

It is easy to determine. Just select the About Photoshop Lightroom menu item and the current version is displayed right under the title banner. Its under the the Lightroom menu on a Mac but Im not sure exactly where it is on a Windows system,

-louie
And the current version for subscribers is LRCC2015.4. For perpetual license holders it is LR6.4.

Hi Jason,

-louie
Thanks Louie ........

And the current version for subscribers is LRCC2015.4. For perpetual license holders it is LR6.4.

Thanks Cletus. Couple more questions:

1. When subscribers are requested to "update" ....... do we know the "reason" for the update .... that is, a new feature or a fix, etc?

2. Does the version number change when we are asked to update? That is if Adobe came out with an update next week (or next month) would the version become "LRCC2015.5"?

Thanks.......

Thanks Cletus. Couple more questions:

1. When subscribers are requested to "update" ....... do we know the "reason" for the update .... that is, a new feature or a fix, etc?

2. Does the version number change when we are asked to update? That is if Adobe came out with an update next week (or next month) would the version become "LRCC2015.5"?

Thanks.......
When Adobe releases a new update they also post the changes in their blog. The latest is here. Lightroom CC 2015.4 / 6.4 now available.
Version 'numbers' consists of three parts: major.minor[.maintenance[.build]]The whole number (i.e LR6 or LRCC2015 or Major version) represents added new functionality and for perpetual license holders requires an upgrade fee. The minor part (the decimal i.e. LR 6.4/LRCC2015.4) is an incremental update (not an upgrade) that includes bug fixes and additional RAW format conversions for camera released since the last update. For subscribers (because they pay monthly) but not for perpetual license holders it can include new functionality. Occasionally, it may be necessary to release a maintenance update (i.e. LR6.2.01/LRCC2015.2.01) A Maintenance release is usually to correct some egregious error that slipped into the previous release. The customer is usually not exposed to the intermediate builds but there is a build that get released to the public. The build represents a version of compiled code. The current released build is CC 2015.4 [ 1060496 ] Even as we experience LRCC2015.4 there are build versions of LRCC2016.0 or LRCC2015.5 being tested at Adobe and by a small cadre of Adobe Certified Experts and other users outside of Adobe.

When Adobe releases a new update they also post the changes in their blog. The latest is here. Lightroom CC 2015.4 / 6.4 now available.
Version 'numbers' consists of three parts: major.minor[.maintenance[.build]]The whole number (i.e LR6 or LRCC2015 or Major version) represents added new functionality and for perpetual license holders requires an upgrade fee. The minor part (the decimal i.e. LR 6.4/LRCC2015.4) is an incremental update (not an upgrade) that includes bug fixes and additional RAW format conversions for camera released since the last update. For subscribers (because they pay monthly) but not for perpetual license holders it can include new functionality. Occasionally, it may be necessary to release a maintenance update (i.e. LR6.2.01/LRCC2015.2.01) A Maintenance release is usually to correct some egregious error that slipped into the previous release. The customer is usually not exposed to the intermediate builds but there is a build that get released to the public. The build represents a version of compiled code. The current released build is CC 2015.4 [ 1060496 ] Even as we experience LRCC2015.4 there are build versions of LRCC2016.0 or LRCC2015.5 being tested at Adobe and by a small cadre of Adobe Certified Experts and other users outside of Adobe.
T

Thanks so much (again) for your detailed reply ..........

Even as we experience LRCC2015.4 there are build versions of LRCC2016.0 or LRCC2015.5 being tested at Adobe and by a small cadre of Adobe Certified Experts and other users outside of Adobe.

How can we apply to Adobe to be an outside tester?

Phil

How can we apply to Adobe to be an outside tester?

There's a form here although I should note that the Lightroom prerelease is notoriously hard to get into.

Thanks. If I don't ask, then the answer was NO. :)

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back