• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Latest Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneshotBeary

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hey just tried to download the latest upgrade in the HELP menu and now i can't sign in to Lightroom at all ... Application is not responding

How do i go about getting help from Adobe for this?

Just to note that i am not a CC member .... but did't realise the upgrade was only available to CC members. I just went to the Help section & saw these was an upgrade available.... now i can't open Lightroom at all

but did't realise the upgrade was only available to CC members

It is available to perpetual licences as well as CC subscribers.

Uniinstall Lightroom and try reinstalling.

ok thanks John

I do have a lot of pre-sets though is there a danger i could lose these if i uninstall/re-install?

ok thanks John

I do have a lot of pre-sets though is there a danger i could lose these if i uninstall/re-install?
None of your user files including your catalog file and data in it about presets and preset files will be touched during an uninstall.

ok thanks

i've gone looking on Adobe to see where i can re-install Lightroom but everywhere its CC stuff .... i can't actually where i can re-install Lightroom without CC

Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are the exact same application. The only difference is the license. If a perpetual license number is entered during install, then you get the features of Lr6. If you log in to an Adobe account which has a CC subscription membership, then the features of LrCC are enabled.

I have gone into my Adobe Id in an attempt to get the latest update to LR6.7.
I cannot just download a DMG file for install. First it does an AIM update. Then after that I launch AIM to check for updates and it says everything is up to date.

I then go into Lightroom v6.6.1 and try to update. I then get all sorts of advertising dross from Adobe.
then I get a window saying I need to close Adobe Lightroom to update. I then cant see what is happening. Also I suspect that because I cant control where the download is going to be stored I will have to redo my backup as it will make the download to my main drive rather than to the secondary drive.

I am running OSX 10.11.6, I want to upgrade to LR6.7 before I upgrade to MacOS Sierra as Adobe recommend this.
I have my machine backing up as I type this. So as soon as I have the downloads I can progress to do the updates.

My patience with Adobe is running thin.

Is there a direct download link where I can just download the DMG?.

Thanks in advance.

Just found this on the Adobe Forums...
The Lightroom update does not work on Mac OS X machines. Gives corrupted download U43M1D207 error in the creative cloud app.
Tested multiple machines and there are lots of reports on the internet. Please fix. Hopefully today before Sierra update comes out.

If swearing was allowed then .................................

I had no issues. I have a MacBook Air that was running Sierra beta and an iMac that I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra. Lightroom update installed fine on both.

No Lightroom all day .... seriously pissed off with Adobe

No where on the website to send an email for help or to report the issue

If you have uninstalled, you need to reinstall before applying the update.
I have not checked the current release, but generally if you download the latest trial version this is a full version of the product with the latest updates applied. At that point you then just need to log into the CC application or enter your serial number from the perpetual version.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 16.13.06.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 16.13.06.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
The U43M1D207 error was going on for about an hour about this time yesterday, and was caused by a single bad server node which was given a swift kick. It should be back up and running again now.

And if you ever need the direct download links, they're always at the end of my blog posts too.

If you have uninstalled, you need to reinstall before applying the update.
I have not checked the current release, but generally if you download the latest trial version this is a full version of the product with the latest updates applied. At that point you then just need to log into the CC application or enter your serial number from the perpetual version.

Thank you ... this worked.

How do i enter my serial number as i am now on a 7 day trial of Lightroom CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back