• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Latest update trashed Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Greenfield

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic - folder based
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Updated Photoshop without problem but update to Lightroom failed (there were about 8 items shown as problems in the explanation) but I failed to get a copy. I noticed my desktop shortcut to LR had changed from the usual icon to a generic one so clicked on it and got a message to the effect that the programme had been moved and could not be opened. Had a look in my C drive and found a much reduced list of files in the LR folder and no .exe file. Tried system restore and although Windows said it was successful, it was not and I still have the same list of files - they basically run down one full page alphabetically from A to H and then finish with no ability to scroll further.
I assume I need to uninstall LR and reinstall it?? Do I need to contact Adobe first before I do this? Any advice please
Jim
PS This is only my second update having switched from LR6 about 10 weeks ago and the first update was a nightmare as well although I got there in the end

According to the Specs, you need "Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 OR Windows 10". Do you have SP1 installed on Win 7? What version of LR Classic. Did you get installed before?

Next you may need to run CC Cleaner and follow the steps on this page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.htmlOnce you have completed this you can use the Adobe Creative Cloud App manager to install Lightroom Classic 8.3.1

Thanks Cletus. Yes I have SP1 on Win 7 but I don't know the version I downloaded a bit over a month ago as I cannot open LR to check. However it was the one from last month that added texture control.
I will try what you suggest and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back