• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Latest Lr update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Grant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Since the last update I have been seeing the below error messages. When I try to find out more I am redirected to a web page with no relevant info. Any ideas?
Thanks
Colin
Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 22.46.46.png

Thank you, Jim.
I thought I had already done that, but on looking again, I see that I gave access to "Lightroom" rather than "Lightroom Classic"! :oops:
I've now given full access to Lightroom Classic too and the error has gone away.
Thanks very much for your help.

Gareth

Thanks, Jim. That sorted it. Not sure why I never saw the issue prior to this update though.

Colin

I believe this has something to do with the way that Lightroom Classic accesses files. Lightroom Classic does not use the MacOS API’s for that, but uses paths to the files. This is something that the new MacOS security settings do not allow for applications that do not have full disk access permissions.

"Lightroom Classic does not have access to some Standard Folders"

There have been several reports of this message today in the Adobe forums, with no reports prior to LR 11.5. The Lightroom Queen's What's New says the need to grant Full Disk Access was fixed in LR 11.5, but apparently Adobe still hasn't gotten installation quite right with the "new" Mac OS security regime.

Technically, the fix which was applied was to provide this dialog rather than failing silently or unexpectedly with no customer guidance. It does not mitigate the need to grant full disk permissions but rather gives the customer a clue as to where to go to solve the issue.

The LrC guidance also says

If you have Time Machine mounted on your system, the dialog may appear. It's advised to ignore it by selecting "Don't show again".

Does anyone have any insight as to the issue that might be caused by following the guidance and not granting Full Disk Access?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back