• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Latest LR CC cannot display compressed Fuji X-T2 raw files

Status
Not open for further replies.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi,

Just upgraded to the latest LR (I was never told on my iMac El Capitan that a new version was available) and suddenly LR will not show me my Fuji X-T2 images when importing them into LR. If I click individual images, they show, and they also import without a hitch, but they won't display (see screenshot). There is no such problem with uncompressed raw files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 13.44.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 13.44.36.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,005
Sorry, I should have read the whole thread. Yes, using import Files instead of Devices is a work-around. Can't imagine it has anything to do with the cardreader, since these files are recognised if they have been saved as uncompressed files.

Then might it be a firmware thing?

By the way, the big danger of that workaround is that it would allow you to import the photos while leaving them on the card. Format the card, and it's goodbye to the pictures (or time for ImageRescue).

John

PS Do you see these compressed RAFs' thumbnails in ImageCapture? What about when you examine the card using Finder?

I am experiencing this issue just in the past week after doing a fresh install of the OS on my iMac . I was having no problem viewing the previews of my compressed raw X-T2 files until I upgraded my Mac to 10.11.6 from 10.9.5. In the process, I removed and reinstalled Lightroom, and since I'm on the CC version, I got the latest - 2015.8.

I can assure everyone that this is not a hardware issue since none of mine changed - it's all software that changed. Unfortunately, since I changed two things simultaneously, I don't know which one caused the issue.

I'd sure like to get it resolved. Until then, I have to blindly import everything, then delete out what I would have simply not imported when I could see them in the preview.

Having recently changed from Canon to a Fuji Xpro2 I can confirm that compressed RAW files do not display as thumbnails on my system until downloaded from the card whereas uncompressed files do. As I always download all image files I don't find it a problem although it did give me a bit of a fright when it first happened as I thought that they were somehow corrupted or incompatible.

I recently updated my Mac to Sierra and now the problem does occur. I have reported the bug to Adobe.

John

Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues.

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the obscure [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ] to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates…

Refer to this for any installation issues: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back