• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Last Catalina Update Complications with Lr 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Lr 10
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
On my mid-2012 MacBook Pro (OS 10.15.6) I have been running Lr V 10 without any problems. However, since downloading the last supplemental update to Catalina, it takes at least 20 minutes to open and load the Lightroom app. Restarting the computer makes no difference. I realize that because of the age of my laptop, I will not be able to upgrade to Big Sur.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what, if any, may be the solution to this issue when using OS 10.15.7.

See if you have the Logitech LogiOptions installed. Do File > Plug-in Extras -- if you see LogiOptions, select it and click Disable in the Status panel. Logitech utilities silently install that plugin, and it causes a number of problems, including slow startup.

I appreciate this isn't that helpful, but I'm also running a mid-2012 MBP without issues (it's as fast as I'd expect for the age of machine, 9 seconds to load Lr to the point of asking which catalog, then 15 seconds to load it). I mention it to give hope!

Tried uninstalling / reinstalling Lr Classic?

I'm on 10.15.7 btw (but didn't notice any issues with 10.15.6)

Thanks, Paul, for sharing those reassuring comments about your experience with the same MBP. Given the speed that Lr Classic is working for you, I am wondering if you replaced the original 8 GB with 16 GB. I only learned about that possibility recently. I should add a comment to my original post. After LrC has final been loaded, everything works at an acceptable speed--such as making adjustments in the Develop Module.

No, 8Gb, and the original 128Gb disk. I so wish I could tell you something that jumps out as obvious! But it's an out of the box MBP (with replaced OS over time of course!) It's the 13" one.

Happy to check anything else on it to compare of course.

I have a 15", 2.7 GHz, Quad-core intel Core i7. 1 TB HDD. I do most of my Lightroom work on a 27" iMac (2017).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back