• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Kind of a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenreaper98

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I've got a monumental problem, at least for me anyway. In my enthusiasm to streamline things and free up space on my hard drive. In the process I also inadvertantly moved my Lightroom Catalog, or broke the link to it. It's on my external HD and all my photos are where they are supposed to be. How do I get this back together? I really don't want to have to create a new catalog as that would be a monumental task. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

If the master catalog file is on an EHD and this is where you want it, Just open that file from Lightroom Classic. Otherwise, just move the master catalog file where you want it and then open it. If you haven’t relocated the master images files, then LrC should be able to find them (unlike MS Windows which can be hit or miss).

If the master catalog file is on an EHD and this is where you want it, Just open that file from Lightroom Classic. Otherwise, just move the master catalog file where you want it and then open it. If you haven’t relocated the master images files, then LrC should be able to find them (unlike MS Windows which can be hit or miss).
Thanks for your reply. I can go to my EHD, I can see the catalog (along with others that were created at various times). However in LRC my EHD is not accessible, I can see it, but it's "greyed out, not selectable. Any hints? I can't help but think I'm leaving out a vital piece of information, but I don't know what that could be. Kinda you don't know what you don't know type thing! :)

Double-click the catalog file on the EHD. That will make Lightroom start up with this catalog. From now on, Lightroom should remember this location (because the default is to load to most recent catalog), but check in your preferences that you did not set a specific location rather than this default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back