• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Keywords transferring from laptop to desktop - existing keywords do not transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelleBacca

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I use a laptop when travelling. I have exported the keyword list from my desktop to the laptop.

I added a new photo onto the laptop with the keywords"barkblur' and 'persontest".

RackMultipart20190526-61715-uu7a4r-Screen_Shot_2019-05-24_at_2.36.11_pm_inline.png

They show on the laptop keyword list. 'barkblur' is an exisiting keyword and shows in the folder structure. Whilst 'persontest' a new keyword shows outside the folder structure.
RackMultipart20190526-45748-1k6vnuu-Screen_Shot_2019-05-24_at_2.36.22_pm_inline.png

I then selected the folder and chose export as catalog and ticked export negative file and include available previews. and saved it to an external hard drive as TEST. Then copied the TEST exported catalog folder to my desktop computer.

On the desktop the only one of the keywords show on the photo - 'persontest' only and not 'barkblur'. Person test is a new keyword and bark blur is an exisiting keyword.

Image may contain 3 people people smiling phone and screen

IN the keyword list the 'barkblur' numbers have not increased and the 'persontest" which is the new keyword does show.

No photo description available

I hope someone can help with this. Thank you

Hi BelleBacca, welcome to the forum! Looks like you're getting lots of bug testing on the feedback forum, so probably easiest we carry on the conversation there.

Hi Lightroom Queen we seem to come to a dead end on solving this, - see the feedback forum. Is this something that you might be able to solve? Thank you Belle

John Ellis is as a good a bug finder as you can get, but if you want to send me the catalog (just the lrcat bit, no previews), I'll see if I can reproduce it on my machine. If I can, that might offer some clues.
wetransfer.png

Got them. I can reproduce it but I can't explain it. It looks like some kind of corruption to me. If I put a keyword inside barkblur or another keyword inside BLURS, it works. I'll pass it on to Adobe.

Oh, one more thing. If you look in the Keywording panel, set to Keywords, the barkblur keyword IS applied. It's the parent keyword that's going missing.

Looks more like a catalog problem, not a problem that can be fixed with an update of the application.
Agreed. If I remember rightly, dragging barkblur under another parent keyword also worked, so that could be a solution for you, if it's just those keywords having issues.

Oh, one more thing. If you look in the Keywording panel, set to Keywords, the barkblur keyword IS applied. It's the parent keyword that's going missing.
Thank you lets hope it is fixed in the next update.
Hello Yes I deleted the Catalogue and reinstated a new one and it now works thank you for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back