Keywords - issue - can't re-arrange keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salcaps

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.7.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello everyone-
I'm knew to the group, and was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue.
I'm using LR 5.7.1. At this point I really didn't have any reason to upgrade to a newer version.
I was trying to re-arrange some of my keywords in my list. However, for some reason I am not able to highlight and drag keywords to place them as a 'sub-keyword', below another keyword. (For example, dragging the keyword "Brooklyn" under "New York"). The interesting thing is that this issue is not a global issue. It appears that it does work for a significant number of them, up to the words beginning with the letter "S". When I try to highlight this particular word, it will NOT highlight, and therefore can't be moved. Looks like I can move all of the others above this word, but none of the words below. I can"Rt Click" on the problem-ed keyword and it will allow me to "Create Keyword TAG inside" it. It does allow me to rename it, delete it - everything - just not move it. I continue to optimize the catalog during my backups. I thought that might also repair any of these issues-but no dice. Not sure what else to try. Any thoughts?

Hi salcaps, welcome to the forum! You're not the only one. We more often hear about keywords not even being displayed once it gets past a certain vertical limit. The solution is to nest the keywords to reduce the length of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back