• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Keywords in LR Web (or Portfolio)

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Win 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

I'm working on scanning in many (3,500 so far) old photos from 1910 on from various family albums. Many have names transcribed from the albums and entered as Keywords. IN addition, some have Titles and a few have Captions.

I've discovered for myself, then read up in the forum, the discussions on how Title and Captions are displayed, which I understand. However I can't find any info on keywords.

Ideally, I want to display these images with the keywords (and titles and captions) so that other family members can fill in gaps, for me and make corrections where I have it wrong.

However I can't see any way to display keywords. Is that correct, or am I missing something.

Thanks

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
They are displayed on the right hand side, in the same way as titles and captions. They are down the bottom.

The problem may be that the keywords haven't been uploaded. They are only uploaded if you have saved metadata back to the files before the files were synced with LrMobile. If you subsequently change the keywords, those updates are not uploaded. Yes, it is crazy and unacceptable, but that's what Adobe have done.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I'm probably off topic and you more than likely know this but you can upload LR Collections to Portfolio.

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
You may be, but in any case the answer's no. The route from "Classic" to Portfolio is via LrWeb.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks a million for the prompt and helpful response.

I'll save out the keywords then sync again.

It seems to be working

Thanksa