• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Keywords in LR Web (or Portfolio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: Win 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

I'm working on scanning in many (3,500 so far) old photos from 1910 on from various family albums. Many have names transcribed from the albums and entered as Keywords. IN addition, some have Titles and a few have Captions.

I've discovered for myself, then read up in the forum, the discussions on how Title and Captions are displayed, which I understand. However I can't find any info on keywords.

Ideally, I want to display these images with the keywords (and titles and captions) so that other family members can fill in gaps, for me and make corrections where I have it wrong.

However I can't see any way to display keywords. Is that correct, or am I missing something.

Thanks

They are displayed on the right hand side, in the same way as titles and captions. They are down the bottom.

The problem may be that the keywords haven't been uploaded. They are only uploaded if you have saved metadata back to the files before the files were synced with LrMobile. If you subsequently change the keywords, those updates are not uploaded. Yes, it is crazy and unacceptable, but that's what Adobe have done.

I'm probably off topic and you more than likely know this but you can upload LR Collections to Portfolio.

You may be, but in any case the answer's no. The route from "Classic" to Portfolio is via LrWeb.

Thanks a million for the prompt and helpful response.

I'll save out the keywords then sync again.

It seems to be working

Thanksa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back