• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

keywording

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt wittman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
in LIBRARY mode
KEYWORDING panel
how can i set the character limit
to a maximum of 2000 characters entered ?
that's the limit my stock agency accepts
the field i need to set the limit for is attached

Attachments

• LR.png
    LR.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 228
You can't set a limit in Lightroom.

It's possible to write a Lua script that calculates the length of the keywords and which would identify those close to 2000 characters, but I haven't seen or written such a script.

Although there is probably some field limit in the EXIF keyword field, I am not sure what it is. LR is happy to associate keyword after keyword w/o regard to the resulting length of the exported keyword field. All that I can suggest is that you make your keyword phrases as compact as possible.
In your example "adult above age 30" could be simplified to ">30". This would infer that the person is an adult. Also you have 4 phrases that mean "sleep" Do you really need all of them, especially the more wordy phrases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back