• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Keyword within Library Module not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandita FIlm

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ] english
Operating System
Hi there.
Need some help with strange behaviour in Keyword Filtering
I have worked with LR for about 5 years and I'm very happy with it. (former Aperture :D )
Since a few days I have trouble in filtering out some of my pictures based on a sett of Keywords. With the Smart Collection the same happens. This is what I aim for:
All my pictures (12000) have one to x Keywords assigned. I want to filter out all those with "Irchel" and "Snow". I have set the Filter to" Contain All" in the Library Filter and the same approach in the Smart Collection (AND rule). Neither in the Library filter nor in the Smart collection the result is correct. I have lots of pictures showing up either with one valid Keyword and without one of these mentioned Keywords assigned to it.
I have to mention, that I have done some cleanup in my Keyword listing, but none of these Keyword mentioned have been modified or moved into a Keyword subfolder.

I'm exited to see some feedback, greetings Eric from Switzerland

Setup the smart collection with two separate lines, one for each keyword. Then use ‘contains word’ for each line. If you use ‘contains’, then a keyword like ‘snowboard’ will also be found.

Hi JohanElzenga
Thanks for your reply. I have tried out all kinds of Smart Collection combinations, but the result is the same. Pictures with "Snow" appears, but not having the second Keyword "Irchel" , so it is not filtered correctly....
Regards Eric (Bandita Film)

Here is my Smart Collection screen shot and I use a "flat" Keyword Listing, except for Locations and People.
Great thanks for your reply
Eric

1538512764555.png

I don't know if Johan is still around. But your query is bound to fail since it is not possible for the keyword list to "start with" both keywords .
A single simple query {Keywords}{Contains}{Schnee Irchel} should find images that have "Schnee" OR "Irchel"
Alternatively this compound query:
{All of the following are true}
{Keywords}{Contains}{Schnee}
{Keywords}{Contains}{Irchel}
should find images that have "Schnee" And "Irchel"

But your query is bound to fail since it is not possible for the keyword list to "start with" both keywords
The query is specifying that individual keywords start with those strings--not the keyword list. When I create such a Smart Collection, it acts as the OP wants, finding all the images that have two keywords that start with those strings. His example should work. I have no idea why it doesn't.

You could as well use the filter toolbar at the top. In library panel, on top left, select all library photos from your catalog. On the filter bar choose metadata, select "keywords" on the first box and select Schnee, then in the second filter box pick again keywords and look for the Irchel keyword in your list. You should be able to get the result you need

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback
I sent you the wrong screenshot, because I tried out all kinds of combination. Fully agree to the comments. It has to be "contains".
I noticed, that the same 35 pictures not having the keyword "Irchel" but only "Schnee" showed up with with my query. I tried out other combinations, like "Schnee" and "Italy" and to my surprise the same 35 pictures thought, "I belong to to this query too".
So I decided to erase all the keywords of the 35 pictures and reenter them all. And it worked. They do NOT show up any more.
Thanks anyway to all who supported my in this inexplicable phenomen.
Regards, Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back