Keyword Tag fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveF

Hello,

Not sure how I did this. In library view I had a bunch of photos selected. I then dragged them onto the name "Steve" in the "Keyword Tags" window.

Instead of going into "Steve" they created a sub-category of "Steve". Image is here

lr_keyword.jpg

I just want the files in the upper 'Steve' with no sub-category. I didn't mean to create a sub-scategory.

If I grab the lower 'Steve' and try to drag it onto the upper 'Steve' nothing happens.

If I delete the lower 'Steve' it removes 'Steve' as a keyword form all the pictures. (I don't want this. Did it once but was able to recover with Undo)

Anyway, anyone know how to clean up this Keyword tag structure?

thanks,

Click on the lower Steve to show all of those files.

Select those files, and drag onto higher Steve.

Now delete lower Steve. All of your keywords are tagged with higher Steve now. (If you want to double check before deleting, rename lower Steve to something else and check the images still have the proper Steve tag.)

All these Steve's... I'm getting confused! :D

LOL Steve. Who would know you were quite so popular!

Hello,

Thanks for the idea. I tried it and after selecting all the photos from the bottom "Steve" I can drag them to any other keyword tag, but cannot drag them to the "Steve" that is on the top. The black outline that appears on a keyword tag to show which one will be the target just won't light up for that one. I tried dropping on it anyway, but the photos just go back to the main grid.

Any other ideas?

thanks,

Interesting! It worked when I tested it earlier, but maybe I was doing something slightly different. Either that, or they're already tagged with the right Steve Steve.

Either way, Mark's idea is much easier!

Mark - that's the ticket.

Haven't had this happen before - not sure how it did, but now I can fix it quickly.

Thanks a bunch.

I find it easier to select the photos and drag the keyword onto the photos rather than dragging the photos onto the keyword. Seems to be fewer errors that way. (Now I'm tending to make more use of the spraycan for keywords and it's even better.)

I agree with Steve,
the right panel for keywording is very convenient; I use it all the time, adding, erasing and correcting lots of keywords in lots of pictures. It is great to batch apply keywords and copying/pasting from outside vocabularies is a breeze!

Clicio Barroso;1'69 said:
I agree with Steve,
the right panel for keywording is very convenient; I use it all the time, adding, erasing and correcting lots of keywords in lots of pictures. It is great to batch apply keywords and copying/pasting from outside vocabularies is a breeze!

Yep, that's me too. It just seemed to come naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back