Keyword Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian H

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've been trying to consolidate my keywords with varying degrees of success. I've settled on the "People, Places and Things" model, but have hit a bit of an intellectual brick wall and am in need of suggestions. Places and Things are fairly straightforward as are Friends and Family. Classification of people I've photographed out on the street is a bit more challenging.

How do you keyword photographs of people you don't know?

Any suggestions you feel like sharing?

Many thanks

Hi Ian,

Obviously one cannot use names...

Rather, keyword them by actions, emotions, emblems, etc.

Think about this a bit - what exactly are your motives for photographing on the street?
What are actually trying to capture?
What are the stories that the images are conveying?
Answering these questions gives one the keywords necessary to document the images...

Tony Jay

I like Tony's reply. For me, after People and Place, I have a third category I call Subject, and a fourth general category I call "Conceptual Description".
Subject picks up words like Nature, tree, forest, lake, snow, Animal, & Building. Conceptual Description will pick up things like major color (Red, blue..), Hot, cold; happy, sad; -- basically descriptors that are not in any of the other groups.

For Street Photography, I would just keyword it with People, Place (eg, NYC), Subject (Street Photography), perhaps B&W for a processed shot, then anything else that sticks out to me, such as it is a portrait, there is a bridge, a person's hat, colorful dress, a cane, happy, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back