• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Keyword suggestions don't remember recent entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PattyT

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.4 [ 201908011719-03751b60 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi. Up until recently LR would remember my recent keyword entries as I typed. So for example, say I have existing keywords
Tom Jones
Tom Paine
Tom the Piper's Son.

If I tagged a photo Tom Paine, then moved to another photo and type "Tom", then it used to autocomplete my typing with "Tom Paine" since that was my most recent Tom entry. The others would appear on the dropdown list below, in alphabetical order as I recall.

This has changed so that the list is strictly alphabetical, ie, Tom Jones is first.

I recently moved moved my CameraRaw cache to a different disk drive. I don't know why that would matter, but in any case I've moved it back to the default location. Nothing else has changed. The main library has 110,000 images, but the same thing happens with a much smaller library.

Can anybody suggest how I can get it back to showing recent entries first?

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back