• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Keyword sorting issue

Paul_H

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi All, Haven't found a posted answer to this so apologies if I've missed it. Trying to tidy up my Lightroom keyword list. I can drag a few selected keywords onto another in order to nest them. The issue I've come across is that quite frequently after nesting say a dozen keywords successfully, I find that when trying to select a subsequent one a fine vertical line appears up through the list while the mouse button is held and eventually a large number of the other keywords are selected and everything freezes. It takes several seconds before the list goes back to normal and I can then move a few more.
This is Lr 6.14 on Windows 10. Haven't be able to try in Classic on Mac as that catalogue is different and not yet keyworded.
Any ideas please?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Tip for reorganizing your keywords without painful scrolling while you drag-and-drop: In the Filter Keywords box at the top of the Keyword List panel, enter the keyword you want to drag and the parent keyword you want to drag it to. LR will show just those two keywords (and perhaps some others that also contain the strings you entered), making it much easier to drag-and-drop the keyword.
This tip may help.