Keyword panel questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe17

1) I have a hierarchal keyword structure where I try to only use the lowest level keyword knowing that the parent keyword(s) will export automatically (unless specifically told not to). However, I've noticed that some but not all parent keywords have numbers to the right of them. I assume that indicates how many photos are tagged with that keyword without a sub-keyword (note: in many texts I've seen the panel show numbers that include the sum of all the sub-keywords...mine does not). Assuming I'm correct, how do I find those pictures? Clicking on the arrow to the right shows all pictures with that keyword, but that includes all photos with sub-keywords as well. Ideas?

2) How do I create a new top-level keyword? Every attempt so far has buried it somewhere in the hierarchy.

Thanks!

1) Select All Photographs, open the Library Filter, select Keywords in the first column, then click on the little switch at the right-hand side of the Keywords heading, select "Flat", and every keyword will then be displayed in a non-hierarchical manner....then find a parent keyword in the list which has a number against it (indicating it has been wrongly directly assigned to some images), click on it and you'll see in the grid all those images. Ctrl+A to select them all, then use the Keywording panel to remove the specific keyword, then move on to the next.

Untitled.png

2) How are you creating new top-level keywords? If you use the "+" at the left of the "Keyword List" panel header that should do the trick, provided you haven't inadvertently assigned one of your lower-level keywords to receive all new keywords. There's a right/ctrl-click option on any keyword to "Put New Keywords Inside this Keyword"....if you have done that, the designated keyword will have a small dot after it, right/ctrl-click and deselect that option.

1) Select All Photographs...
How do I do that? Do I have to expand each folder with pics and select, or is there an easier way?

2) How are you creating new top-level keywords? If you use the "+" at the left of the "Keyword List" panel header that should do the trick, provided you haven't inadvertently assigned one of your lower-level keywords to receive all new keywords. There's a right/ctrl-click option on any keyword to "Put New Keywords Inside this Keyword"....if you have done that, the designated keyword will have a small dot after it, right/ctrl-click and deselect that option.
Perfect...I found the "dot"...and that's where the new one was going. Pretty sure it will work next time.

How do I do that? Do I have to expand each folder with pics and select, or is there an easier way?

First entry in the Catalog panel below the Navigator in the Library Module:

Capture1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back