• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

keyword inside keyword not assigned

guido.coza

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Hi All
Until now I was under the impression that if I have a picture in loupe view or even grid view in the Library module, and I go to my keyword list right-click it and than choose "create keyword inside ....." this newly created keyword will be assigned to the pictures selected.
Now I realize it does not do it anymore.
As I did not upgrade LR, I still use 6.3, all I can think of that this might be another bug accociated with Sierra.
Any advice would be most appreciated

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
When you create a new keyword, you should see this dialog box:
Create_Keyword_Tag.jpg

Make sure you check the bottom box.

guido.coza

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Hi Jim
I was blond when I still had hair!!!! That was it. Just don't know when I un-ticked it- it was definitely not conscious.
Thanks a mill
BTW
Why is there another tick "put inside....." Is this not what I asked in the first place with the "create keyword inside ....."??

Lowell Montgomery

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Why is there another tick "put inside....." Is this not what I asked in the first place with the "create keyword inside ....."??
Right. That is the option you selected with the contextual menu, but unchecking that checkmark would allow you to change you mind and create the new term elsewhere (the base of your keyword tree or under a default "new keywords" parent. Most of the time I've created keywords recently it was to fix an inconsistency I'd noticed in my keyword tree or just to add another keyword that I would use, but not necessarily for the selected images (if any). That "Add to selected photos" checkbox, I suspect, is how I've accidentally ended up tagging some images with terms that had nothing to do with them... it's too easy to overlook that you have images selected in the library when you are working on maintaining/improving a keyword list.