• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Keyboard Shortcuts Work Inconsistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanHaynes.com

alanhaynes.com
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
THE PROBLEM
I'm in the Library module of Lightroom Classic. I press the keyboard combination CTRL+U, which is supposed to apply Auto adjustments. Instead, it opens an Export window. In the Develop module, the shortcut works fine. But when I switch back to Library, it goes haywire again. This happens with other shortcuts too, such as CTRL+SHIFT+R which is supposed to reset all adjustments.

TROUBLESHOOTING
In case it was an issue with my Logitech wireless keyboard, I plugged in a Microsoft USB keyboard. The same thing happens. So, it's not he keyboard.

WORKAROUND
The only solution is to restart Lightroom. Then, the shortcut works fine for quite a while until, for no apparent reason, it stops working again. I've reset my preferences, but the problem still eventually returns.

Does anyone else experience this strange behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back