• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Keyboard shortcuts for moving video on frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Krieger

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: 10.13.2
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): 7.1 [ 1148620 ]

Is there a way — or any way to create — keychords (keyboard shortcuts) or mouse/trackpad/scrolling that will advance/retract video frame-by-frame?

The only way I have been able to move frame-by-frame is by clicking the little "forward" and "reverse" arrows in the video controls bezel that shows in Loupe View of the Library Module. I'd like something easier and smoother than this without jumping as far as happens with the control point on the scrubber time bar.

Some small follow-ups:
. The Topic title should have "one", which I mis-typed as "on".
. Weirdly, I was able to scroll through videos in Loupe View using a three-finger slide left/right gesture on my trackpad for a while yesterday, but it stopped working when I rebooted and despite my best efforts I cannot regain the functionality of scrolling through video with a gesture.
. Keyboard Maestro can detect by image the small "forward one frame" and "backward one frame" icons in the expanded scrubber bar (expand it by clicking the Action Menu icon, a/k/a "The Gear"). I might be able to assign this to a gesture in such a way that it repeats, but since it is not instantaneous, I have not tried.
. I am also experimenting with a macro that types "{spacebar}", pauses, and again types "{spacebar}".
. Quicktime (on Mac) has scrolling of videos built-in. The OS X Quick Viewer does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back