Library module Key words suggestion for location detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Powell

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
We have been doing major landscaping at our home. I wanted to have quick access to work in progress to various locations. I divided up our block into a grid. Added a grid reference like A, 2 or G, 6 to the images. Keyword search with Landscaping and Grid location finds all images. Landscape grid.JPG

This may be a solution to a problem that I did not know I had. I have a 25'X25' backyard garden with a goldfish pool. I take a lot of Nature photos, may not in my garden. This may work for me too.

How exactly are the keywords defined, and how exactly did you search?
I placed the numbers 1 - 5 and letters A-J in a Keyword folder. I use 1 set like B, 5 or a combination of these when the photo takes in a larger area. These are all treated as words by Lightroom when I do a Contains Words search.
This may be a solution to a problem that I did not know I had. I have a 25'X25' backyard garden with a goldfish pool. I take a lot of Nature photos, may not in my garden. This may work for me too.
Our garden is 100 by 400ft. I Geocode all my photographs. I don't use the GPS in my camera I carry a GPS and use Jeffrey Friedl's “Geoencoding Support” Plugin to match GPS data to images. However, in the case of my garden, this is not accurate enough and Keywording the grid position is quick.

So A, B, C and 1, 2, 3 are separate keywords? Why not use A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3 etcetera. Searching for a single letter or number 'as word' might indeed not work as expected, searching for 'A3' as a single keyword should work just fine.

I would need to create a lot more Keywords however it would help isolate specific areas. For my purposes, the system I used narrowed the search sufficiently to make it workable. If the area covered more than one sector the number of images found reduced even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back