• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Key Word Hierarchies are no Longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGlenton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Latest Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
The use of keywords and the ability to catalogue put key words into hierarchies is ( now was ! ) one of the really useful features of LR. I now find I can create a new key word against a photo but I am not able to usefully place the hew key word into a hierarchy by drag and drop

Is this a known defect?
if so when will it be resolved?
if no plan how do we complain to Adobe as seems to be no way to actually log bugs - the Adobe Forum seems more a complaint rather than a head and action place
Any work arounds you know of?

I have seen threads back in 2015 on this same issue but given things have gone quiet assume the problem had been fixed and has now reasserted itself

Thanks
Paul

The only long-standing issue I know of is specific to Windows, where there is a limit of around 1,600 keywords can be displayed in the list (and using hierarchies is the solution)

In your other thread, I asked if you had more than about 1500 keywords? On Windows, that's the maximum number of lines that can be displayed in the Keyword List panel (and the Folders and Collections panels too). Even if you have a keyword hierarchy, if it's expanded enough to exceed 1500 lines or so, LR will start choking. The workaround is to keep most of the hierarchy collapsed at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back