Kewords: Copying 'Will Export'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickC

I have been doing some work on reworking the keywording of images, some of which I have previously uploaded to my PhotoShelter account. I now want to update the keywords on the corresponding PhotoShelter images, but I don't want the endless hours to re-upload the images.

I'm prepared to do the tedious copy-and-paste per image, but I want to upload the 'Will Export' set of keywords from each image. The problem is that the Keyword Tags pane is not editable, and therefore the contents are not selectable, when it is in 'Will Export' mode.

Does anyone have an easy answer to how to copy and paste 'Will Export' keywords?

Patrick Cunningham

You can use Snag-it (it's not free) and use the option 'Text from Window' and use Object as input. After that you get something like this on your clipboard:

NAME = forest, house, landscape, nature, outdoor, tree, woodland

You could have a look at Tim Armes' LR/Transporter, and see if that'll output the kind of details you need.

Thanks. This time I've ended up re-uploading, but I'll have a look at the LR Transporter for next time. It's something which I'm sure I'll need to do again sometime.

Patrick

LR Transporter will do it for me with just one intermediate step. I can create a text document with a broad selection of text metadata in it from many images (once I've donated!). This time I wanted just captions + keywords, which would have been dead easy.

I think this is a powerful tool, and one which I will make use of, so thank you Victoria.

The text document will be very convenient, because I can position it on the screen at will in the most convenient position for the job at hand. I can format the text in Word, Excel or Open Office, making it very powerful. It will make uploading to Alamy easier once I've worked out the workflow.

Having read the description on the Tech Smith site I think Snagit would do the job too, but in this situation it would be less convenient, so I'm not even going to download it for now. I don't think it would become indispensible for me - what do you use it for? It seems to be pretty flexible and powerful.

Thanks for the suggestions Victoria and Joop. I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Patrick Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back