• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • We are delighted to announce that Single Sign On has just gone live, so you'll no longer have to remember multiple login details for this site. Most existing passwords have been carried over, but if your password doesn't work, you can reset it using the Lost My Password link. Your current forum username is Guest. You're welcome to choose your preferred username here.

Just got my first CrashPlan invoice

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
$2.99 for the month, so I guess that means I have 12 cheap months starting now. I had to search back to last summer to find the discussion - in the event, what did you CrashPlan users decide?
Incidentally, payment was to "DigitalRiverIreland" - looks like tax avoidance is alive and well.
Dave

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
I upgraded to their Small Business Plan. It just works.

LouieSherwin

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I am sticking with CrashPlan for the time being, meaning at least while it is only $2.99/month. I think it still has the best feature set of the alternatives.

-louie

LouieSherwin

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
They have recently upgraded the web GUI and the desktop app. It has the new modern look and feel but they seemed to have removed some of the status and activity information that used to be clearly seen.

-louie

Jim Wilde

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Yes, I upgraded too and I expect to stay there, but just thought I'd ask the question a few months down the line.

stevevp

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
And me! I wish they'd stop changing the desktop app though ...

sallynewcomb

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I upgraded to Small Business too and it has just saved my bacon! A corrupted os on my MBP and an incomplete back up on Time Capsule meant a catastrophic loss of data.......but then I had Crashplan - phew! Worth every penny. Apple still trying to help me retrieve the back up on Time Capsule....it's been a week so far.

Paul McFarlane

Lightroom Queen Publishing
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I upgraded to Small Business too and it has just saved my bacon! A corrupted os on my MBP and an incomplete back up on Time Capsule meant a catastrophic loss of data.......but then I had Crashplan - phew! Worth every penny. Apple still trying to help me retrieve the back up on Time Capsule....it's been a week so far.
It's that security that made me decide to go for the Small Business Plan. Despite plenty of on-site backups here, just knowing it's tucked up safely in the cloud is not just reassurance but as you found more than useful if something goes unexpectedly wrong!