Just got my first CrashPlan invoice

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
$2.99 for the month, so I guess that means I have 12 cheap months starting now. I had to search back to last summer to find the discussion - in the event, what did you CrashPlan users decide?
Incidentally, payment was to "DigitalRiverIreland" - looks like tax avoidance is alive and well.
Dave

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I upgraded to their Small Business Plan. It just works.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8

davidedric

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Yes, I upgraded too and I expect to stay there, but just thought I'd ask the question a few months down the line.

sallynewcomb

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I upgraded to Small Business too and it has just saved my bacon! A corrupted os on my MBP and an incomplete back up on Time Capsule meant a catastrophic loss of data.......but then I had Crashplan - phew! Worth every penny. Apple still trying to help me retrieve the back up on Time Capsule....it's been a week so far.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I upgraded to Small Business too and it has just saved my bacon! A corrupted os on my MBP and an incomplete back up on Time Capsule meant a catastrophic loss of data.......but then I had Crashplan - phew! Worth every penny. Apple still trying to help me retrieve the back up on Time Capsule....it's been a week so far.
It's that security that made me decide to go for the Small Business Plan. Despite plenty of on-site backups here, just knowing it's tucked up safely in the cloud is not just reassurance but as you found more than useful if something goes unexpectedly wrong!