• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Just allocated every keyword to every image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Says it all, really, I wasn't concentrating, selected all images, thinking it was just one particular folder and somehow managed to do what I said in the title. If it's taught me one thing, it's that I need to prune my keyword list!

Is there anything I can do, or do I have to remove them all and re-keyword them?

It depends....if you haven't yet closed Lightroom, then you can use the Undo option to step backwards through the most recent actions.

But if you have closed and restarted Lightroom since the error, you might consider it better to revert to your last catalog backup, rather than start the whole keywording process again.

Hmm, I did shut it down. I guess there are instructions for reverting to the back up catalog in Victoria's book?

Thanks, I didn't fancy the other option.

Yep, page 67.

Excellent.....and now you know why you take those backups!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back