• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

JPEG corruption exporting a web gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lagouyn

Using Lightroom 2 on my Mac PowerBook G4, I exported a web gallery of approximately 5'' photos, most of the source images being .cr2.

After the export completed, I tried opening some of the resulting JPEGs. Many, many of them were unopenable...apparently corrupt.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else running into this?

-Allan

Im curious as to why you were trying to open the jpgs. Was it because there was an issue with the gallery, such as the images not displaying?

I have not experienced this nor heard of it. Then again I have not known anyone to export 5'' images in a web gallery.

It may simply be a volume issue versus the computing power of the G4 Book. I would try in smaller batches first to see if you get a good result.

Let me know what gallery you used and I'll try 5'' images just for kicks.

Hi-

I used "Lightroom Flash Gallery".

I noticed that it wasn't playing back correctly, so I examined the JPEGs.

Thanks for your reply.

-Allan

Apart from the fact that it took an extraordinary long time and maximum processing power I have no problem with the jpg files that were produced.

Lightroom does however, seem to have a problem showing the gallery in the WebModule window. But that is consistent no matter how many images I choose until I restart the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back