I've had a crap day

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoddo

My RX8 got bogged down in a friends garden over the weekend so went round today to get it towed out. My friend attached the tow rope to 'something metal' and I didn't checked the 'something'. Off we go, car moves an inch and an awful crunching, tearing sound is then heard.

Long and the short - the radiator is bust, the air conditioning radiator is bust, the fan on the radiator is bust. Local and trustworthy garage reckons a minimum of ?11'' for the repair and this just before Christmas :cry::cry::cry:

Oh Paul!!!! What a nightmare! Sorry to hear that!

Bit rough huh Paul, maybe when things seem like s*** there is some sunshine just around the corner............
Could have been worse........

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I have to ask, just how did you car get bogged down in a garden?
Asks the Cop, pointedly!

:)

Don

Yes!

Friends bought a rectory with a beautiful but narrow drive leading up to the house. Tons of friends arrive to welcome our friends to their new house and someone wants to leave and my car's at the back. Instead of reversing all the way back, about 3'' yards and there's no room in front I reverse onto the garden then proceed to dig a drainage channel trying to get off the garden.

From one numbnut (me) to another (my friend)

"the radiator is bust, the air conditioning radiator is bust, the fan on the radiator is bust." friends nose......
Only joking, accidents happen and we all make mistakes.
Got to agree though, thats a pretty crap day.

John

So...

this afternoon I finally get my car back minus £16'' to cover the repairs. The garage showed me the incoming invoices for the parts and he's added 5% markup, the rest is labour and charges from the local Mazda dealer where the car had to go for certain engine management unit programming which wasn't cheap.:(

So, flakey pastry and window licking neighbours houses on Christmas day:|

The lad who did this to my car hasn't spoken to me since and his wife keeps avoiding us and I haven't even had chance to tell them how much this cost - they've never even asked during all this time, very disappointed in people sometimes.

Be thankful for the costings that appear reasonable, resentments can be unhealthy.
In other words let it go - after all you did have a part to play in the play!
Last advice - don't take it too seriously it's only a car and money and none of those will be with you when you leave the planet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back