Issues Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big W

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi all, please help me if you can, before I go crazy (or more than I am now :) )
I have an Epson pro 4900 printer, and using LR4.1 trying to prints some photographs off, but they are coming out all washed out and vivid colors.
I have monitor calibrated using spider, Epson paper and Epson inks both originals. All worked well up to my laptop crashing and needing rebuilding in July. I was printing fine before on LR 3.x.
I have Epson profiles loaded for premium glossy paper 250, which matched the actual paper. I have tried both LR managing printing and the printer (not at same time) but both give me same results, very poor quality images.

I have tried same setting in PS CS6 and same results, so i assume (should never do that but not got much else to go on) that its something I am doing or not doing, as both software packages giving same results.

I have got latest drivers and firmware if that helps.

Any suggestions would be great.

Well after 4 days of trying different settings, going through a full pack of paper A4, the better half comes into room and says just run a print head clean, that's what I always do when our inkjets not working. It worked :)
Sorry to waste peoples time and its just proves I should listen to the wife more :)

Yup, that's why I put a sticky note on my printer with 4 letters, CTFN :nod:

Probably three out of four, Brad!

GFN - Your running Win 7 which automatically defrags (unless you have a SSD where defrag is harmful instead of helpful and Win 7 shuts off auto defrag).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back