Issue With Topaz Mask AI

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.15 Catalina
I recently downloaded a 30-day trial of Mask AI. Although I was quite pleased with its ability to mask & replace the background, whenever I saved the composite image as a TIFF file, it could not be opened in Lightroom, Photoshop, or Mac's Preview. I have a support ticket filed with Topaz Labs regarding this issue. But, according to Topaz Labs, it does not seem to be a general issue. I am curious if those of you who use Mask AI are having a similar issue. And if so, have you come up with a workaround to open the composite image back into Lightroom? Thank you so much.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I use Mask AI with no issues. But apparently I have two differences from you. First, I have a pc with Windows 10 Pro as my OS, and second I have only used Mask AI as a plug-in to Photoshop. I send a tiff file from LR Classic to PS, and operate on a layer with Mask AI. I generally "save" the file back to the hard drive, and LR opens it right up. I can also "save as" with no issues. In both cases PS is producing the tiff, not Topaz.

kitjv

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Jim, thank you for the suggestion. Although I only use PS occasionally, I will try opening Mask AI as a PS plugin rather than a standalone app. Again, thank you.