• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Is this a bug? can someone else try this simple test

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamedia

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
OK, This is in LR 3.3 x64 version running in Win7 64bit:
In Library (or develop), press F a few times to cycle through screen modes until the menu is completely hidden - that's the way I like it to get maximum screen size.
Now right click your currently displayed image in Loupe view and choose edit in Photoshop CS5 - PS launches. Now without doing anything in CS5 quit out of PS, so you are returned to Lightroom. The menu is now displayed and you have to cycle through the F key modes to hide it again! Annoying!

I have 2 monitors and my windows task bar is on my 2nd monitor. So myy main monitor displays in Loupe and 2nd in grid. This allows me to minimise LR by clicking the LR icon on the task bar. If I do this then, click the icon again to maximise LR once more, it opens - guess what with? Yes, you got it - the menu bar is displayed again and to hide it you have to cycle through the F key screen modes.

Is it just my PC or is this a bug??

Thanks, Paul

b_gossweiler

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Same here. LR actually switches back one level just before launching the external editor. I guess it's by design, meaning a feature request would probably be more appropriate than a bug report.

Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.