Is there any occasion that Lighroom deletes files bypassing recycle bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aster

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ] License: Perpetual
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Lightroom vers. 6

Hello

Any suggestions how to find lost files?
I just imported 30 minutes ago 10 photos and after that deleted 2.
Rest 8 I edited and exported to same folder into sub-folder.

After that files are lost, no originals nor exports.
When trying to re import, these are dimmed out because Lightroom believes these are duplicates.
When searching LR by file name these are not found.
When using Windows file manager search, also not found. According to this looks like files are actually deleted

When checking recycle bin - there are these 2 photos I deleted, with deleted path to the folder where these photos were last seen.
Folder still exists but no searched files.

Is there any advanced Lightroom search or log to understand what happened?
How to fix that Lighroom refuses to re import?

If the files were deleted, then Lightroom would not refuse to import them again. Lightroom refuses because the files are still in the catalog.
Click on the 'Previous Import' collection in the upper left corner. That should show these files, unless you already imported something else.

As far as bypassing the recycle bin, This is a Windows issue. Large files that are too large to fit in your Trash folder that is part of your free space available can be deleted out right by the Windows Filesystem

If you run out of free space on the drive where the file was located, it can get deleted. Also if you have an external disk that is formatted using a different file system (e.g. FAT32). There is no recycle bin available to store deleted files on this filesystems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back