• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Is there an update for Canon 600D Tethered?

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi, Does anyone no if Adobe are going to update L/R 3 so I can use my Canon 600D tethered? at the moment it only seems to go upto 550D, I assumed as the 600D was the new kid on the block in this range that Adobe would have been on the ball.
Thank You
Have a good New Year
Russ

Hal P Anderson

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Russell,

Nobody knows (or those that do aren't allowed to tell).

I assume you've tried tethering with your 600D and got nowhere, so I won't suggest that you try it anyway. ;)

Hal

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Russ, no, having recently picked up a 600d myself, I'm waiting too. If you're on Windows, you should be able to use Canon's EOS Utility and a LR Watched Folder to shoot tethered. I'm on Lion, and Canon haven't updated their own software for Lion yet. I'm wondering if that's delaying the update.

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi, Thanks for the replies.
I have tried but comes up error with Windows also have used the EOS Utility but would prefer L/R:)
Maybe in the new year fingers X'd
Russ