• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Is there an update for Canon 600D Tethered?

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Hi, Does anyone no if Adobe are going to update L/R 3 so I can use my Canon 600D tethered? at the moment it only seems to go upto 550D, I assumed as the 600D was the new kid on the block in this range that Adobe would have been on the ball.
Thank You
Have a good New Year
Russ

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Russell,

Nobody knows (or those that do aren't allowed to tell).

I assume you've tried tethering with your 600D and got nowhere, so I won't suggest that you try it anyway. ;)

Hal

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Russ, no, having recently picked up a 600d myself, I'm waiting too. If you're on Windows, you should be able to use Canon's EOS Utility and a LR Watched Folder to shoot tethered. I'm on Lion, and Canon haven't updated their own software for Lion yet. I'm wondering if that's delaying the update.

russellsnr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Hi, Thanks for the replies.
I have tried but comes up error with Windows also have used the EOS Utility but would prefer L/R:)
Maybe in the new year fingers X'd
Russ