• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Library module is there a way to export only keywords ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi
i'm running lightroom cc 2015 and lightroom classic 2018
now i'm running lightroom cc 2015 and i'm tring to export all the keywords(hierarchy) to my photos , i can save metadata , but this does save keywords and develop settings
i need to save only keywords

I need it , because under lightroom classic 2018 , i have a different catalog with different develop settings (some photos have no develop settings) but i would like to import all and only the keywords with their hierarchy i have assigned for more then 1 year with cc 2015

can i do it?

i use the last 2015 version 6.14 and the last classic 2018 update
thanks
best regards

You can export your keyword list, and import that list into another catalog. Menu 'Metadata - Export Keywords', menu 'Metadata - Import Keywords'.

You can export your keyword list, and import that list into another catalog. Menu 'Metadata - Export Keywords', menu 'Metadata - Import Keywords'.
Hi Johan , but will lightroom cc 2018 v7 assign these keywords to my photos or do i have to do it all again ?
thanks

No, of course Lightroom has no idea what photo needs which keyword...
hi
would be great have a tool that can edit the sidecar files and keep only some information like keywords
is there one? or is there a windows/mac procam that can do it?
thanks

hi
would be great have a tool that can edit the sidecar files and keep only some information like keywords
is there one? or is there a windows/mac procam that can do it?
thanks
Any text editor can edit a sidecar file. But you would still have the same problem: how is this program supposed to know which keyword needs to be added to which image?

My Syncomatic could also help. You'd have to export (say) JPEGs from one catalogue, import them into the main one, and the plugin could then copy the keywords from the JPEGs to the corresponding raw files .

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back