• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Is there a shortcut to select a Collection and all its images

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwaddo

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
When I click a Collection the view switches to the images of the Collection with 1 Selected image.

Is there a way to click a Collection which switches to the images of the Collection but also selects all the images in the Collection.

Currently I have to use Ctrl-A, which whilst not a huge deal it is a pain when I forget to do this and find I have only added the 1 Selected image to the new Keyword and not all of the images of the Collection.

I have tried a number of key combinations but as yet I have not worked this out.

Thank you for your help.

No, I don't think there is.

Your problem is that you occasionally don't remember to do a Ctrl-A after selecting the collection. Even if there were a feature, such as Alt-Click, that would select a collection and all its members, that wouldn't help with the times you forgot to do the special thing to select all. I know it can be hard at times, but paying attention helps a lot. :)

Thank you for the replies.

There are so many places in macOS, Lightroom and Photoshop where modifier keys can be used I was hoping this might be one of them.

It seems that on this occasion I will just have to pay more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back