is there a script to backup lightroom & photoshop preferences under mac osx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi
is there a script to backup and maybe restore lightroom & photoshop preferences under mac ?
i run high sierra and mojave

i'm worried about osx permisssion and tons of pages about how to fix osx permissions and tool like onyx

i would like to know if i can simply backup zipping the preferences of lightroom and photoshop and maybe if there is a script to do it and maybe restore them

i know it's no the right forum , but i haven't found the right subforum

in the lightroom version i have 8.3.1 , but i have older version too , like photoshop i have installed the lastest ,but i keep older versions
thanks
best regards

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Funny. That's exactly what I said, but just some messages ago you said we disagreed on this...
We disagreed on the word "Inconvenient". Using TimeMachine for just (ONLY) Lightroom and Photoshop is not very practical or wise. While I may exclude TimeMachine from everything in my Pictures Folder except my Lightroom Folder, I still use TM for a full system backup every 30 minutes.. The user posing the question could with little difficulty exclude every file in the Library folder except those pertaining to LR and PS. It is not IMO very wise and practical to do so.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
We fully agree then. You called it 'not very practical or wise', I called it 'inconvenient'. We both say 'Don't do it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.