• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Is it possible to import pictures to Lr CC then later move to Lr Classic and folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon.tsujimura

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I want to start my editing in Lr mobile then send everything to Lr Classic with all the sidecar, settings, and original raw files to my Lr Classic folder structure. Is this possible?

Yes, if you enable cloud sync in Classic, it will download any originals you add via LR mobile, complete with the editing you've done. If you only have 20GB of cloud space, you might want to think about upgrading to 1TB, as it's a bit of a pain to have to keep clearing out the cloud every time you get to 20GB.

However, Victoria failed to mention that some things don't you can edit in the LR Cloudy apps don't come back to LR Classic. Somethings can't be added at all in LR Cloud such as Job info and copyright details, but also one main thing you can add in LR Cloud that does not come back to LR Classic are Keywords.

However, Victoria failed to mention that some things don't you can edit in the LR Cloudy apps don't come back to LR Classic. Somethings can't be added at all in LR Cloud such as Job info and copyright details, but also one main thing you can add in LR Cloud that does not come back to LR Classic are Keywords.
All edits come back, as Victoria stated. Some added metadata does not, notably keywords and the people data.

Copyright - that's incorrect, it can be added in LR Cloud, both when capturing and after, and this syncs back to Classic.

Copyright - that's incorrect, it can be added in LR Cloud, both when capturing and after, and this syncs back to Classic.

What I meant by "Copyright Details" are: copyright status, Rights usage Terms, and Copyright URL. As far as I can tell, LR Cloudy only has a single field called "Copyright" where you can enter some text.

What I meant by "Copyright Details" are: copyright status, Rights usage Terms, and Copyright URL. As far as I can tell, LR Cloudy only has a single field called "Copyright" where you can enter some text.
Ah, agreed. Basic Copyright is fine. More extensive metadata (such as that and some location data) is not in LR Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back