• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Web module Is anyone using the Web tab?

atolkachev

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 14 Sonoma
I saw the Web tab for the first time the other day. I thought it was a new addition, but apparently it has been there for a while. I have not used it once. Same for Book or Print. I do use Slideshow rather a lot and have had limited success using Map.

Do you use the Web tab? Do you find it useful? Have you produced any public galleries with it? Would you share so I can see what they look like and whether it's worth the trouble?

Thanks!

The web, Book and Slideshow modules go back to the early days of Lightroom as a standalone. There are some Web Publishing Plugins that facilitate adding your Lightroom images to your Website. Most notably The Turning Gate plug in is used in this regard https://theturninggate.net
I think it was most useful when there were less tools available for getting your photos on your website. Portfolio and Behance are two Adobe products that integrate into websites. The "Lightroom for the Web" also can be used to share your photos on the web.

The web module is as old as Lightroom itself. Most websites are based on CMS these days, so I assume very few people still use it.

Do you use the Web tab? Do you find it useful? Have you produced any public galleries with it? Would you share so I can see what they look like and whether it's worth the trouble?
I use it periodically to produce shared web pages off my domain. Here's an example. It's easy enough to create one locally just using files. Double click on the 'index.html' file to see the web pages created.

I have a long overdue project to put all of my web pages in WordPress. There's a plug-in for uploading from LrC.

For an insanely quick and efficient single page containing the images in a single collection, use the "Share" button above the grid while viewing a synced Collection. This automatically creates a web page and provids a URL that you can give to whomever you wish. Here's an example (one click to create web page, one clcik to copy the URL to my clipboard
Sample Shared Collection

Another option for "easy" is Adobe Portfolio which already is part of your Adobe plan. With this you can build a halfway decent web site consisting of many pages, albums and menu's Here's an example of that which I put together in about an houror two
Sample Adobe Portfolio site

I still use the Web tab with a Juicebox plugin (on my own domain roeen.dk). Just a service to family/friends.
Large part of the content requires login

@Califdan,
Vg example of a “Sample Shared Collection”.

Well done also on how you Titled the images. I like how the Title can be shown / suppressed by touching the image. A good solution without taking up screen real estate..

I have started to use this feature for sharing pics with family and friends while travelling. Also great that there is no admin overhead to maintain a personal web site.

use the "Share" button above the grid while viewing a synced Collection.
That's a useful idea if you are syncing photos to the clouds. Some of us are purely grounded ;-)

That's a useful idea if you are syncing photos to the clouds. Some of us are purely grounded ;-)
Well, The OP was related to use of the Web Module, so one wojuld expect the poster is interested in displaying images on the web. No matter how you slice it if images are to be seen through the internet the images by definition must be someplace accessible by the Web Server which is generally referred to as "the cloud" . I see little disticntion begtween between having those images on my own web server under my desk, a commerical progiver like GoDaddy or WordPress or the Adobe Cloud. In fact I would think commercial web servers would be preferrable as they are more likely to be kept current on security and have more robust backup, world wide redundancy, and security IMHO

Thank you all. I think I understand (and remember). In the bad old days, the Web module could be used to build a web site (or page) displaying selected images. Then this page (HTML) and all assets had to be uploaded -- perhaps via FTP, perhaps via a plugin -- to a host and given a home on the web.

This has since ben replaced with the Share functionality so long as one is using the Adobe cloud, and I am.

There is also Adobe Portfolio, which I have not yet explored, and to which the Web module in LrC is likely not related.
I think not using the Web module in 2024 is a totally valid stance.

Now I just need to research whether I am underutilizing Book and Print at my own peril. I do not print at home, and I am satisfied with Shutterfly's book pricing and design tools.

Now I just need to research whether I am underutilizing Book and Print at my own peril. I do not print at home, and I am satisfied with Shutterfly's book pricing and design tools.
FWIW I use Adobe Portfolio, and no longer print at home (where my largest print is limited to 13”X19”). And I have never been interested in the book module or the Slideshow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back