Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6.9
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi- I've developed a photo as B&W. I attempted to apply the eye enhancement but there was not change when I adjusted the exposure slider to lighten eyes. I'm using LR 6.9 with Mojave 10.14.6 on a 27" iMac. I must be missing a step somewhere but I don't know. Maybe the exposure slider isn't the right choice? Thanks in advance.

Iris enhancement is done with the adjustment brush. Did you use the brush on the eyes before you changed the slider?

Well I I believe so. Sorry im no texactluy sure, but once i choose Iris enhance, I choose brush and tap each eye. then I go to exposure to increas but I see no change. Im sure im hitting something wrong but effect does noit seem to take place.

You mentioned a black and white image. In a color image, Iris enhance slight increases exposure, clarity and adds a lot of saturation. In my version of LIghtroom, while newer, I think yours is the same, saturation is off for a black and white image. So the Iris Enhance is just clarity and exposure and that wouldn't do too much. That might explain it.

Moving the Exposure slider should definitely show a result, also on a B&W image. What about the Density and the Flow of the brush. Is either of these perhaps set to a low value? That would explain not seeing anything when you move the slider...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back