• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.

iPhone Workflow Ideas

elkiehound

I am looking for workflow ideas using the new iPhone Max. I tried yesterday taking the photos with LR on the iPhone, with the intention of then editing on my Laptop in the hotel room. And then saving the best photos (after editing) in my Photos album, which is my home base for 25+ years of photos. First issue is that with the internet here, it will take til Thanksgiving to get the images from my iPhone to the cloud and back down to my laptop.

Anyhow, looking for ideas that I can use:

iPhone for photo shooting
LR CC for editing
Photos App for Photo Management (Albums .. Folders).

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Sometime back, I abandoned Apple's iCloud Photos and app for Adobe's Cloud and mobile Lightroom. You can manage some basic edits in the Lightroom app. And it is really practical to use Lightroom with an iPadPro. I've replaced my laptop with the iPadPro.
If you are stuck with a slow internet connection, then you might try to import directly from the phone to the laptop, Use your lightning cable to connect the phone to the laptop and use the import function in Lightroom. You will see the iPhone listed as a device. If you check the checkbook "Don't import Suspected duplicates" only the image on the phone that are not in your catalog will be checked

elkiehound

Sometime back, I abandoned Apple's iCloud Photos and app for Adobe's Cloud and mobile Lightroom. You can manage some basic edits in the Lightroom app. And it is really practical to use Lightroom with an iPadPro. I've replaced my laptop with the iPadPro.
If you are stuck with a slow internet connection, then you might try to import directly from the phone to the laptop, Use your lightning cable to connect the phone to the laptop and use the import function in Lightroom. You will see the iPhone listed as a device. If you check the checkbook "Don't import Suspected duplicates" only the image on the phone that are not in your catalog will be checked
Thanks, I connect the cable and my MBP (Lightroom CC) recognizes the device, and I see photos. However, they are the photos taken with the iPhone camera app, not the LR mobile app. Plus, they are are all JPG format.

How can I get the photos from the LR camera to the MBP Lightroom CC?

Thanks!

Roy

Last edited:

elkiehound

Kinda related, it is of interest that when you look at the jpg images taken by the new iPhone Max in low light, there are probably a dozen or so images of the same shot. This is the method Apple is using to minimize blur on low light photos, there is some magic that they take a bunch of the same photos in low light.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
How can I get the photos from the LR camera to the MBP Lightroom CC?
The only way currently is to wait for images taken with the Lr camera to sync up to the cloud and then down into Lightroom on the MBP.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
You can share the photos in LR to the camera roll. This will make second copy on the phone and then you can import to the laptop as I described before. Be sure to clean up after your import or you will fill up your phone storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk