• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

iPhone Battery Usage

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
IOS Version 7.0
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hi ... has anyone noticed the Lightroom app using a lot of iPhone battery when not using the application? I was wondering why the battery usage on my iPhone 11 was down to about 50%, and when I checked the battery usage (see attached) it showed that Lightroom was running in background and using a lot of power. I had used the iPhone Lightroom camera yesterday afternoon to take a few photos, but I deleted them from Lightroom. And then I went on with my life. Since then Lightroom ran in background every hour. Weird! I removed the app from the background and immediately after that Lightroom stopped using battery power. I'm using the current version of IOS (15.0.2) and the current IOS version of Lightroom.

I believe this is a problem with Lightroom and until I obtain more info, I'll make sure that after I use the IOS Lightroom that I will remove the app from the background. I did check the Adobe forums and in the past there have been similar problems like this reported to Adobe, but I didn't;t find anything recent.

Thanks ... Jay-Dee

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 06.44.54.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 06.44.54.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 9
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Had it finished syncing? If not, it might have been busy uploading photos.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Good question … I was experimenting with the Lightroom camera and I took 3 photos. Right after taking them, I looked at them and deleted them. I wasn’t connected to a Wi-Fi and I have cellular data turned off for Lightroom on the iPhone.

I wonder if those conditions caused the battery issue? I use the Lightroom camera outdoors quite often and haven’t experience this before. However, this was the first time I deleted the photos right after taking them.

Something to think about … Jay-Dee

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Good question … I was experimenting with the Lightroom camera and I took 3 photos. Right after taking them, I looked at them and deleted them. I wasn’t connected to a Wi-Fi and I have cellular data turned off for Lightroom on the iPhone.
Images imported into Lightroom start syncing to the cloud immediately. Unless you have syncing using cellular data turned off, Lightroom will continue to sync images to the Adobe cloud, WiFI or no WiFi. When you delete an image from Lightroom, is goes to the “Deleted” Album and does not get removed from the device or the cloud for 60 days. So your images will continue to Sync even when deleted.

Check your settings in Lightroom. I have iOS 15.1 on an iPhone 13 Pro and do not see the battery usage issues that you are experiencing. (I also sync via Cellular data when WiFI is not available).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi clee01 … thanks for the feedback … much appreciated. I’m going to be using the Lightroom camera on my iPhone quite a bit during the next few weeks. I’ve never had this happen to me before so not sure what happened. I’ll have Wi-Fi and cell access where I’ll be and I’m going to think of some experiments that I can try to see if I can reproduce the issue. I have Lightroom set up on my iPhone to NOT use cellular data. I use this option because sometimes I take oodles of photos and I don’t want to upload them until I have checked them to see if they are worth keeping.

Regarding what happened to me yesterday, I took 3 photos and deleted them. They are on my DELETED album but it doesn’t explain why Lightroom was processing in background from the time I took the photos yesterday afternoon until I noticed this early this morning.

Scratching my head on this one. If I can’t reproduce the issue I’ll chalk it up to one of life’s mysteries … like the Bermuda Triangle.

Thanks … wish me luck … Jay-Dee

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I took 3 photos and deleted them. They are on my DELETED album but it doesn’t explain why Lightroom was processing in background from the time I took the photos yesterday afternoon until I noticed this early this morning….
. They were sync’d to the cloud “Deleted” Album. If you shut down the Phone before the sync completed, LR might have been in a state where it was asking the iOS for a WiFi connection and none was available.

If I know that I am going to be in an Are with little or no Cellular coverage, I will turn off the cellular service or else the phone will keep looking for a cell tower until my battery is drained.

FWIW, My iPhone 13 Pro is the first phone that i have had that can go for 2 days without having to recharge every night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk