iphone and folder sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Sorry to ask an iPhone-specific question here (flame away LOL) but I've recently switched my iPhone photos (I do a lot...) into Lightroom from (an unnamed Apple app that is named after a camera's depth of field and light control mechanism) another app. Wondering how other iPhone users sync their folders/photos using Lightroom. Well, specifically I guess, using iTunes and TRYING to sync folders of photos.

It is a bit of a pain (ok, a lot) for me to have to now keep a separate Collection of 'photos to go back to iPhone', 'Portfolio' etc in Lightroom and then have to export those as JPEGs to ANOTHER folder on my drive and then direct iTunes to that folder and delete/sync phone photos every time I sync or backup.

Again... iPhone World Problems and my apologies but I know there are more iPhone users/shooters using Lightroom that just me ;)

Jeff

I use a watched folder and the iCloud photostream to automatically import my iCloud photostream into LR using the AutoImport function in LR.

There is an app Photostream2Folder that will let you bypass iPhoto and put your Photostream into the folder of your choice (the watched folder) This works well for me and iPhoto (or Aperture) does not have to run in the background. I don't have a mechanism for exporting into the iCloud photostream that does not involve using iPhoto to do the transfer, but I can export directly into iPhotos AutoImport folder so that when I do run iPhoto briefly, my iCloud Photostream and all of my iDevices get populated with my LR exported derivatives.

Last edited:
Sync is which direction? Or both? I use Dropbox to automatically upload camera roll photos.

Hi,

I've been using PhotoSync. It has a nice feature where it will sync all new photos from my iPhone to a folder on my desktop when ever it gets to my home location. It also has useful syncing between other iDevices and various other web services.

-louie

Hi,

I've been using PhotoSync. It has a nice feature where it will sync all new photos from my iPhone to a folder on my desktop when ever it gets to my home location. It also has useful syncing between other iDevices and various other web services.

-louie
How is this any different from the automatic iCloud Photostream which sync's all of your iDevices with a PC or Mac seamlessly, without an additional application?

I believe that using iCloud Photostream requires internet connection to iCloud and uses up your data quota in iCloud which isn't all that much for the free storage.

PhotoSync is direct from device to device over a local WiFi network. PhotoSync also has many other additional sync options, Facebook, Flickr, FTP etc..

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back