• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

iPhone 13 pro Max? Is the 14 PM (R)evolutionary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selwin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Passing along my iPhone 11 to my daughter this weekend. Looking to get a pro Max model for size, photo quality (and battery). Any first hand experience here re 13 pro Max photo quality and workflow?
Or I could wait for the rumoured 48mp iPhone 14 pro max. The iPhone I buy now/next I wish to keep for many years so it had better be as close to perfect as I can get. Opinions?

Just a FYI: I own an extensive dSLR kit (5D4/5DsR + 7 high Q lenses) but on weekend family outings and short trips I shoot everything with my iPhone these days. I do shoot RAW and PP in LR classic.

I usually keep a phone for about 3 years. (AT&T now has a trade in plan that might cause me to upgrade my current iPhone 13 Pro sooner if a new iPhone 14 is released.

I think the only difference between the iPhone 13 Pro and the Pro Max is screen size and a larger battery. The old iPhone 11 required charging every night. I still put the iPhone 13 Pro on a nightly charge but the battery reads over 60% when I do. This suggests that phone would handle 2 days without charging if I needed to.

I have 128GB of storage in my iPhone which has been more than adequate for LrMobile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Cletus. So you went the exact same route as I am contemplating: from iPhone 11 to 13 pro. May I ask how you would rate the 13 pro photo experience? Also very important: do you use Apple ProRAW (using the Apple camera app? Other?) or the plain LR mobile RAW files?

Any pros (and cons?) of the 13 pro compared to the 11?

I would appreciate any info you’d be willing to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back