• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Can I install Lightroom for the cloud on our old iPad version 9.3.5 13G36 ModelMD528B/A

I doubt you can install the current (5.2) version. I've a similar old iPad (Model MD512B/A), running iOS 10.3.3....and that's running LR 3.4 and I cannot update it any higher than that. I don't know what will happen if you attempt to download and install from the App Store....it'll either fail or give you the option of an older version that will be compatible with your iPad.

I have an old iPad updated to v 12.4.5 and no further iOS updates are available. Lightroom is running v5.2.1 with the latest update.
So the question becomes, Can you update your iPad to 12.4.5?

Thanks for your reply and help I think I will just use the ordinary Desktop Lightroom 9.2 and forget all the other stuff.
I think Adobe are making things too complicated. Why can't they just offer reasonable subscription rates for what photographers need and stop lumping them all together.I resisted going subscription for ages and I am not alone. But a 16% offer did the trick. If I could have updated 6.14 cheaper I might have upgraded earlier.
Rob

I can't, 10.3.3 is as high as I can go, but maybe Rob can.
My "dinosaur" is relegated to reading the morning news in the bathroom. So I had to go check to see which version of iOS it was limited to and what version of Lightroom it was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back